Re: libpq v17 PQsocketPoll timeout is not granular enough

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Dominique Devienne <ddevienne(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: libpq v17 PQsocketPoll timeout is not granular enough
Date: 2024-06-10 20:13:43
Lists: pgsql-general

On 6/10/24 11:43, Dominique Devienne wrote:
> Bummer… I didn’t presume to suggest an api before, but simply adding an
> extra int with the milliseconds offset from the time_t is simple, and
> trivial to plug into the implementation I saw. Callers who don’t care
> can simply pass zero. while I could pass a computed time_t and ms offset
> using <chrono>. No need for fancy types imho. Aren’t betas precisely for

https://www.postgresql.org/developer/beta/

"PostgreSQL beta and release candidate releases are pre-release testing
versions before the community makes a new release generally available.
They are feature-frozen (i.e. no new features are added), and we release
these to the public for testing before our final release. PostgreSQL
beta and release candidate release are not meant for use in production
systems."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com