Re: configuracion Shared Buffer

From: "Jaime Casanova" <systemguards(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Douglas A(dot) Escobar" <douglas(at)liztex(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: configuracion Shared Buffer
Date: 2007-01-07 00:55:49
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

On 1/6/07, Douglas A. Escobar <douglas(at)liztex(dot)com> wrote:
> Hola lista
> Quiero molestarlos de nuevo adquirimos un servidor MAC G4 OS X 10 con 2 procesadores y 4GB de memoria Ram, instale Postgresql 8.2 pero me da el siguiente error
>
> FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Invalid argument
> DETAIL: Failed system call was shmget(key=5432001, size=484491264, 03600).

que version de os X es esta? dices que 10 pero si te fijas el manual
tiene indicaciones para 10.2 y anteriores, 10.3 y 10.3.9.

tambien te hace una recomendacion sobre el tamaño de SHMMAX. fijate en
estos puntos y luego nos cuentas como te fue...

MacOS X

In OS X 10.2 and earlier, edit the file
/System/Library/StartupItems/SystemTuning/SystemTuning and change the
values in the following commands:

sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmax
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmin
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmmni
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmseg
sysctl -w kern.sysv.shmall

In OS X 10.3 and later, these commands have been moved to /etc/rc
and must be edited there. Note that /etc/rc is usually overwritten by
OS X updates (such as 10.3.6 to 10.3.7) so you should expect to have
to redo your editing after each update.

In OS X 10.3.9 and later, instead of editing /etc/rc you may
create a file named /etc/sysctl.conf, containing variable assignments
such as

kern.sysv.shmmax=4194304
kern.sysv.shmmin=1
kern.sysv.shmmni=32
kern.sysv.shmseg=8
kern.sysv.shmall=1024

This method is better than editing /etc/rc because your changes
will be preserved across system updates. Note that all five
shared-memory parameters must be set in /etc/sysctl.conf, else the
values will be ignored.

Beware that recent releases of OS X ignore attempts to set SHMMAX
to a value that isn't an exact multiple of 4096.

SHMALL is measured in 4 kB pages on this platform.

In all OS X versions, you'll need to reboot to make changes in the
shared memory parameters take effect.

--
Atentamente,
Jaime Casanova