Re: CREATE TYPE error in PostgreSQL database!!!!!!

From: Holger Jakobs <holger(at)jakobs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE TYPE error in PostgreSQL database!!!!!!
Date: 2022-01-03 15:05:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

Am 03.01.22 um 08:40 schrieb Ashok Kumar Mani:
> Hi Team
> While creating function I have encountered the below error in
> PostgreSQL database.
> I need to know how to use the *array declaration in Type datatype in
> postgreSQL database. Could you please help or share some exmple to use
> it? *
>
> 1. *Need to create type *
> 2. *Declare array variable in type datatype. *
>
> ERROR: syntax error at or near "c_db_fieldvalues" LINE 113: ... fetch
> usage_cursor into c_db_fieldvalues c_db_field... ^ SQL state: 42601
> Character: 9447
> Thanks & Best Wishes,
> Ashok

What have you tried? All types in PostgreSQL can also be used as arrays.
Put empty brackets after the type an it's a one-dimensional array. Put
two pairs of empty brackets after the type and it's a two-dimensional array.

There is no need to explicitly create an array type.

see https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/arrays.html

--
Holger Jakobs, Bergisch Gladbach, Tel. +49-178-9759012