Re: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP

From: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Convert sepgsql tests to TAP
Date: 2024-07-24 16:29:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 7/24/24 4:31 PM, Andreas Karlsson wrote:
> I have not yet set up an VM with selinux to try the patch out for real
> but will do so later.

I almost got the tests running but it required way too many manual steps
to just get there and I gave up after just getting segfaults. I had to
edit sepgsql-regtest.te because sepgsql-regtest.pp would not build
otherwise on Debian bookworm, but after I had done that instead of
getting test failures as I expected I just got segfaults. Maybe those
are caused by an incorrect sepgsql-regtest.pp but this was not nice at
all to try to get running for someone like me who does not know selinux
well.

Peter, what did you do to get the tests running? And should we fix these
tests to make them more user friendly?

Andreas