Re: We find few queries running three times simultaneously with same parameters on postgres db

From: Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <richter(at)simkorp(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We find few queries running three times simultaneously with same parameters on postgres db
Date: 2018-06-26 12:20:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Em 26/06/2018 08:49, Saurabh Agrawal escreveu:

> Am 26.06.2018 um 12:19 schrieb amandeep singh:
>
> We have been observing our postgres database from past few
> days,We found few queries running three times simultaneously
> with same parameters.I would like to back track how a query is
> running multiple times.
>

> Can you check the requests made by your application/ ORM? This looks
> like application is making multiple requests, rather than something
> happening on the database?

I agree with Saurabh Agrawal.
Sometimes, users just double (or triple) click a form button, and then
resulting activity is executed more than once...
What I used is to deactivate buttons after first click. This is even
more noticeable when working on intranet apps ou high speed internet
connections.

Users, sometimes, need to be educated that one click is enough :-)

Regards,

Edson.