Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(at)eisentraut(dot)org>
To: Shubham Khanna <khannashubham1197(at)gmail(dot)com>, Rajendra Kumar Dangwal <dangwalrajendra888(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, euler(at)eulerto(dot)com
Subject: Re: Pgoutput not capturing the generated columns
Date: 2024-05-22 11:40:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 08.05.24 09:13, Shubham Khanna wrote:
> The attached patch has the changes to support capturing generated
> column data using ‘pgoutput’ and’ test_decoding’ plugin. Now if the
> ‘include_generated_columns’ option is specified, the generated column
> information and generated column data also will be sent.

It might be worth keeping half an eye on the development of virtual
generated columns [0]. I think it won't be possible to include those
into the replication output stream.

I think having an option for including stored generated columns is in
general ok.

[0]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/a368248e-69e4-40be-9c07-6c3b5880b0a6(at)eisentraut(dot)org