how babel works

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-translators(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how babel works
Date: 2019-06-16 21:00:19
Lists: pgsql-translators

Some people were interested in adding an "API" to the babel web site or
perhaps make other enhancements. I figured I would quickly share how
this all currently works, since it's fresh in my head too.

The scripts are in this git repository:
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgtranslation/admin.git;a=summary

This should work:

git clone git://git.postgresql.org/git/pgtranslation/admin.git
cd admin
./wwwtools/update-nls-www -o $SOMEDIR

The output in $SOMEDIR is served on the web. That's it.

The babel host runs the above by cron twice an hour. Depending on the
amount of pending changes, it might take 10 or 20 minutes to finish. If
you run this at home from scratch, it might take an hour or more.