entry log

From: "Robin Helgelin" <lobbin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL general" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: entry log
Date: 2007-08-19 19:04:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

When I started with MySQL I exploited their "bug" with timestamp
fields and always had a entered and updated field on my tables.

My question, is this interesting information enough to save on the
table itself? If so, I guess this could easily be solved with a
trigger, however, should one instead create a log table and log
changes, etc?

Hints and tips are appreciated :)

--
regards,