Re: Vacuum full is slow

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Ruben Rubio" <ruben(at)rentalia(dot)com>
Cc: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vacuum full is slow
Date: 2007-03-19 14:37:41
Lists: pgsql-performance

>>vacuum_cost_delay = 100
>>No idea how long will take normal vacuum. I ll try tonight when there is
>>not too much load.

That can really take the VACUUM a long time to complete, but you might want
to have it there as it will be good for performance by setting it a little
high in a high OLTP environment.

I will recommend setting it to 0 first and then you can start moving it high
as per your needs...

--
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)