Re: postgres password

From: "Shoaib Mir" <shoaibmir(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Jasbinder Bali" <jsbali(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres password
Date: 2006-06-15 19:15:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Change the following in pg_hba.conf

host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

host all all 127.0.0.1/32 trust

and that will let you connect without password and then reload your db
server settings using 'pg_ctl reload'. You can then set the password once
connected to database using

alter user username password 'password'

Once you are done with that now you can switch back to original
authentication mode.

/Shoaib