Re: Running pgadmin on Windows 7; SSL tunneling

From: Stephen Cook <sclists(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Chris Benenati <cbenenati(at)impactnw(dot)org>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Running pgadmin on Windows 7; SSL tunneling
Date: 2016-06-29 02:25:46
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 2016-06-28 21:40, Chris Benenati wrote:
> And now I'm having the same problems with 1.22.1 on Win 10
>
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:33 PM, Chris Benenati <cbenenati(at)impactnw(dot)org
> <mailto:cbenenati(at)impactnw(dot)org>> wrote:
>
> I tried running pgAdmin 3, both versions 1.18.1 (the latest version
> available for Win 7 according to the notes on the download page) and
> 1.22.1 (the latest version). Both crash on my Windows 7 system when
> I try to do almost anything. Has anybody had any better luck.
>

> I also tried pgAdmin 4, Beta 2, which is documented as working for
> Win 7. However, the dialog for creating a Server connection does
> not have support for SSL tunneling, which is required to get to the
> database. Is SSL tunneling no longer supported?

Strange thing is, it seems to be getting worse over time (1.22.1 worked
fine on both my Windows 7 box and my work MacBook Pro (El Capitan) when
I first started using it). Today I lost about two hours of work total
from repeated crashes.

You can manually set up a tunnel with PuTTY, then connect to locahost.

-- Stephen