[Pljava-dev] Returning a complex type with potential null parameters

From: redhatdude at gmail(dot)com (Caleb Land)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Returning a complex type with potential null parameters
Date: 2006-04-20 21:47:51
Lists: pljava-dev

Hello,
I'm trying to write a PL/Java function that can take null parameters and
returns a complex type. However I'm having trouble doing this. My method
looks like:

public static boolean getProductPricing(Integer productId,
Integer priceLevelId,
String locationCode,
ResultSet receiver) throws
SQLException {
receiver.updateDouble(1, 0d);
receiver.updateDouble(2, 1d);
receiver.updateString(3, "Hello World");
return true;
}

And my postgresql declaration looks like:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION ds_get_product_pricing(int4, int4, varchar)
RETURNS ds_product_pricing
AS 'postgresql.Products.getProductPricing(java.lang.Integer,
java.lang.Integer,
java.lang.String,
java.sql.ResultSet)' LANGUAGE
java;

However when I try to execute a query I get the error:
ERROR: No java type mapping installed for "java.sql.ResultSet"

If I change my java signature to use primitive types, and I remove the
"alternative" explicit mapping in the postgresql declaration, it works fine,
but then I cannot pass null values in.

Is it possible to return a complex type with non-primitive argument types
with PL/Java?

--
Caleb Land
(RedHatDude at gmail.com)