Re: Error editing table WITH primary key

From: "Terry Yapt" <terryapt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Thornton, Susan M(dot) (LARC-B702)[NCI INFORMATION SYSTEMS]" <Susan(dot)M(dot)Thornton(at)nasa(dot)gov>
Cc: rod(at)iol(dot)ie, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error editing table WITH primary key
Date: 2009-01-18 16:56:41
Lists: pgadmin-support

My problem is solved.

It was solved itself. All tables, insert data and primary key's creation
was launched from a SQL script. Perhaps the primary key had been creating
by PostgreSQL in the background and then pgAdmin could not access that data
tables for editing ??

I don't know what was the real reason but it was solved among an hour or so.

Solved then...

Greetings...

2009/1/17 Thornton, Susan M. (LARC-B702)[NCI INFORMATION SYSTEMS] <
Susan(dot)M(dot)Thornton(at)nasa(dot)gov>

> Sorry - my bad. Here is the postgresql definition of a PRIMARY-KEY:
>
> The PRIMARY KEY column constraint specifies that a column of a table may
> contain only unique (non-duplicate), non-NULL values. The definition of
> the specified column does not have to include an explicit NOT NULL
> constraint to be included in a PRIMARY KEY constraint.
>
> Sue

Terry Yapt