Re: making me love pgAdmin III

From: richard(at)xentu(dot)com
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: making me love pgAdmin III
Date: 2017-05-19 13:45:35
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 2017-05-19 14:20, Adam Brusselback wrote:
>> I seriously may go back to PostgreSQL 9.3 so that I can use pgAdmin
> III until I can wean myself off the tool.
> You don't have to revert your database version to use pgadmin III,
> the newest release works fine with Postgres 9.6, and there is also the
> BigSQL fork of pgadmin III which as far as I know will continue to
> support new releases.

Could anyone clarify this for me?

PostgreSQL & pgadmin are distinct projects right?

I installed pgadmin 4 on a windows machine earlier this week and,
leaving aside the fact that I dislike it, the installation worked. Today
I tried to find out how to install pgadmin 4 on a Linux machine and I
could only find installation methods that seemed to install all of
postgresql, both server & client application. Is this just my
misunderstanding of what's available?