Re: No longer available installer for greater version then PostgreSQL 10

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Shashikanth Bhardwaj <Shashikanth(dot)Bhardwaj(at)VERIFONE(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: No longer available installer for greater version then PostgreSQL 10
Date: 2023-11-08 19:16:13
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/8/23 09:04, Shashikanth Bhardwaj wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> I am facing some problem because of unavailability of PostgreSQL
> installer greater then 10 version of PostgreSQL in my case I need
> postgreSQL-14.0 version installer but unfortunately now not available.
>

> Why we used the PostgreSQL -10 version to install the PostgreSQL with
> the installer :
>
> 1. Easy to install
> 2. Installed offline without any dependency
> 3. Easy to configure the installation directory
> 4. Less time taken to install
>
> Why its been stopped provide the installer for the Linux and available
> for other operating systems ?

Per my answer here:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/33987a81-16ca-45f7-a18c-5e2ae6403449%40aklaver.com

"Or are you referring to?:

https://www.enterprisedb.com/downloads/postgres-postgresql-downloads

In that case the page has this to say:

*Note: EDB no longer provides Linux installers for PostgreSQL 11 and
later versions, and users are encouraged to use the platform-native
packages*
"

This is something you will need to take up with EDB as they are
maintaining that particular installer.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com