Is it possible to direct pgadm4 installer to use the /var folder within postrgres GUIX System Home folder?

From: "Periklis F(dot) Didaskalou" <periklis(dot)f(at)yandex(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is it possible to direct pgadm4 installer to use the /var folder within postrgres GUIX System Home folder?
Date: 2022-08-04 01:44:12
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone else is using pgadmin on a Guix System machine.

I managed to edit the postgresql config file to point to a /var folder
within posgres's account.

Now I'd like to do the same with pgadmin4's need of /var/lib and
/var/log under that local /var folder in postgres's Home folder.

I must admit I didn't dig very much through the pgadmin documentation. I
just searched for /var/lib and /var/log.

Guix System doesn't allow even root to add/alter anything under root
level /var.  You can, and it'll persist, but only until the
next reboot. Fortunately Guix System allowed me to mount a second 4TB
drive for postgres; which does persist.

I'm trying here first before asking within a Guix System list.

Peri/Periklis