Re: Primary key gist index?

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Jeremy Finzel <finzelj(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Primary key gist index?
Date: 2018-03-14 13:33:34
Lists: pgsql-general

On 03/14/2018 06:19 AM, Jeremy Finzel wrote:
> Hello!  From all that I can tell, it is not possible using a btree_gist
> index as a primary key.  If so, why not?  I have a table with this gist

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/10/static/btree-gist.html

"In general, these operator classes will not outperform the equivalent
standard B-tree index methods, and they lack one major feature of the
standard B-tree code: the ability to enforce uniqueness."

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com