Add reject_limit option to file_fdw

From: torikoshia <torikoshia(at)oss(dot)nttdata(dot)com>
To: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Add reject_limit option to file_fdw
Date: 2024-10-17 13:45:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

4ac2a9bec introduced reject_limit option to the COPY command, and I was
wondering if it might be beneficial to add the same option to file_fdw.

Although there may be fewer practical use cases compared to COPY, it
could still be useful in situations where the file being read via
file_fdw is subject to modifications and there is a need to tolerate a
limited number of errors.

What do you think?

I've attached a patch.
Based on the synopsis of the CREATE/ALTER FOREIGN TABLE commands, the
value for the foreign table's option must be single-quoted. I’m not
entirely sure if this is the correct approach, but in order to
accommodate this, the patch modifies the value of reject_limit option to
accept not only numeric values but also strings.

--
Regards,

--
Atsushi Torikoshi
NTT DATA Group Corporation

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-file_fdw-Add-reject_limit-option-to-file_fdw.patch text/x-diff 4.5 KB