Re: pgsql: Catalog changes preparing for builtin collation provider.

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Catalog changes preparing for builtin collation provider.
Date: 2024-03-11 21:17:04
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Oh!  No, it's a "feature": man perlop quoth

Wow.

> So we actually need to find and nuke all of these, not just the one
> that's causing trouble.

For now I committed the one change to fix the buildfarm.

I am still confused on a couple of points here, such as: why does my
example work fine on newer versions of perl?

But I agree: if the empty pattern is magical, we should get rid of it,
even if we don't understand the exact conditions under which it behaves
magically.

Reagrds,
Jeff Davis