Installing Postgres

From: mauroduarte(at)ig(dot)com(dot)br (Mauro)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing Postgres
Date: 2002-08-05 23:32:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

I'm having problems with users authentication in Postgres with linux.
I have a user postgres and others. If in my pg_hba.conf I put
passsword in AUTH_TYPE no users can log in with a message of
authentication failed for user 'username', if I put trust every user
log in without prompt of password and when I put crypt, again every
user log in without prompt of password. I stop and start postgresql
with no errors...

Any ideas ?

Regards,
Mauro