Re: buildfarm + meson

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm + meson
Date: 2023-03-09 22:53:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2023-03-09 Th 15:25, Tom Lane wrote:
> Andres Freund<andres(at)anarazel(dot)de> writes:
>> On 2023-03-09 14:47:36 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> . There appears to be some mismatch in database names (e.g.
>>> regression_dblink vs contrib_regression_dblink). That's going to cause some
>>> issues with the module that adjusts things for cross version upgrade.
>> I guess we can try to do something about that, but the make situation is
>> overly complicated. I don't really want to emulate having randomly differing
>> database names just because a test is in contrib/ rather than src/.
> We could talk about adjusting the behavior on the make side instead,
> perhaps, but something needs to be done there eventually.
>
> Having said that, I'm not sure that the first meson-capable buildfarm
> version needs to support cross-version-upgrade testing.

Well, I want to store up as little future work as possible. This
particular issue won't be much of a problem for several months until we
branch the code, as we don't do database adjustments for a same version
upgrade. At that stage I think a small modification to AdjustUpgrade.pm
will do the trick. We just need to remember to do it.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan