Re: postgresql 9.4 restart

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Julie Nishimura <juliezain(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql 9.4 restart
Date: 2019-05-08 19:07:50
Lists: pgsql-general

On 5/8/19 11:00 AM, Julie Nishimura wrote:
> Hello,
> Our staging 9.4 postgresql has been running couple of weeks with no
> problem, but yesterday we saw this error from one of our services that
> connects to the staging DBs:
>
> FATAL: terminating connection due to
> administrator command; nested exception is
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: terminating connection due to
> administrator command”,

Distro and version?

Well it originated in Java code if that helps?

Anything in the Postgres logs just prior to 'FATAL: terminating
connection ...' that might be relevant?

Do the system logs showing anything relevant e.g. the OOM killer
stopping Postgres?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com