Xml Schemas

From: Isaac Dover <isaacdover(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Xml Schemas
Date: 2009-06-06 19:53:19
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello, I am attempting to build an xml representation of any database, but
I'm having trouble doing so. I was interested in using the existing xml
functions, such as "schema_to_xmlschema", but the results are strange and
unusable. The resulting schema doesn't even contain the column names, though
it doesn't include the table names. Often, the type information is
incomplete as well.

Are there any examples for using this family of functions,
"schema_to_xmlschema", etc? My end goal is any xml representation of the
database that includes type information.

Thanks,
Isaac