Re: 回复: An implementation of multi-key sort

From: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Yao Wang <yao-yw(dot)wang(at)broadcom(dot)com>
Cc: Wang Yao <yaowangm(at)outlook(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka(at)iki(dot)fi>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hongxu Ma <hongxu(dot)ma(at)broadcom(dot)com>
Subject: Re: 回复: An implementation of multi-key sort
Date: 2024-06-14 12:27:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 6/14/24 13:20, Yao Wang wrote:
> hi Tomas,
>
> So many thanks for your kind response and detailed report. I am working
> on locating issues based on your report/script and optimizing code, and
> will update later.
>
> Could you please also send me the script to generate report pdf
> from the test results (explain*.log)? I can try to make one by myself,
> but I'd like to get a report exactly the same as yours. It's really
> helpful.

I don't have a script for that. I simply load the results into a
spreadsheet, do a pivot table to "aggregate and reshuffle" it a bit, and
then add a heatmap. I use google sheets for this, but any other
spreadsheet should handle this too, I think.

regards

--
Tomas Vondra
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company