Re: Database reverse engineering

From: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Thorsten Kraus" <TK-Spam(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database reverse engineering
Date: 2007-09-08 13:19:48
Lists: pgsql-general

On 9/8/07, Thorsten Kraus <TK-Spam(at)gmx(dot)de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking for a tool which is able to generate a database diagramm
> including the relationships from an existing database schema. The only
> tool I know for this purpose is the Clay database plugin for eclipse.
> Are there any other tools which can help me?

toad database modeler and ems postgresql manager are both pretty good
(both commercial windows programs). honestly, I think generated web
pages with hyperlinks is much more useful than an ERD. so for free
tool I would start with autodoc, which is IMO pretty limited but a
good foundation for improvement perhaps?

merlin