Fwd: Question about xmloption and pg_restore

From: Stefan Fercot <stefan(dot)fercot(at)dalibo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Question about xmloption and pg_restore
Date: 2018-05-17 13:37:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

I've got some question about XML OPTION and pg_restore.

In a xml type column are stored documents.

When restoring a plain SQL dump, we got the message :

/ERROR:  invalid XML content//
//DETAIL:  line 1: StartTag: invalid element name//
//<!DOCTYPE qgis PUBLIC 'http://mrcc.com/qgis.dtd' 'SYSTEM'>//
// ^//
//CONTEXT:  COPY layer_styles, line 1, column styleqml: "<!DOCTYPE qgis
PUBLIC 'http://mrcc.com/qgis.dtd' 'SYSTEM'>/

Adding "/SET XML OPTION DOCUMENT;/" in top of the dump file allows to
restore it.

Now, with the "custom" format, we have to use before pg_restore :
/export PGOPTIONS="-c xmloption=DOCUMENT"/.

Do you think of any other way to solve this issue ?

What if we got the 2 xml options used in the database?

Would it be possible to have something like : ALTER TABLE ... ALTER
COLUMN ... SET XML OPTION ...; ?

Kind regards,

--
Stefan FERCOT