COPY from and NULL values for double precisions fields

From: "Andrej Ricnik-Bay" <andrej(dot)groups(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: COPY from and NULL values for double precisions fields
Date: 2007-03-05 02:08:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Guys,

I'm currently mucking around w/ importing TAB-delimited files;
how can I import empty values into a double precision field?

COPY complains about nothing between the TABS, about "\N"
and other variations, as being
"invalid input syntax for type double precision:"

What *is* valid syntax for this? Can't find it for the life of me.

Cheers,
Andrej