Re: unexplained autovacuum to prevent wraparound

From: Gordon Shannon <gordo169(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unexplained autovacuum to prevent wraparound
Date: 2010-03-14 05:35:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Ah, now I see what you meant. Forgive me, I thought you were referring to
the pg_autovacuum table in 8.3 where you have to specifiy something for each
column, and -1 says use the default. It appears in 8.4.0 I have to
explicitly set ALL (?) other storage parameters to -1 to get the default,
otherwise I am getting zero for each value?? I don't believe the
documentation mentions this rather important detail:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/sql-createtable.html#SQL-CREATETABLE-STORAGE-PARAMETERS.
Did I miss it somewhere?

Thanks!
Gordon

--
If I had more time, I could have written you a shorter letter. (Blaise
Pascal)