Re: ident client authentication

From: Paul Hide <paul(dot)hide(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ident client authentication
Date: 2005-11-08 17:26:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the reply.

Is this right then? For ident to work could I, as Bruno Wolff III suggested,
map the apache user to jim using pg_ident.

I suppose if I do that it might be rather risky from a security point of
view. Since any script running would then run as jim.

Perhaps I shoulkd do as you suggested and use password authentication.

Paul Hide