Re: primary key index

From: "Nicolas Barbier" <nicolas(dot)barbier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: primary key index
Date: 2007-05-14 12:03:25
Lists: pgsql-general

2007/5/14, Sim Zacks <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>:

> I read the section on indexes where it says that PostGreSQL creates a unique
> index, but I didn't see an index on the table so I didn't know if it was implicit or if
> for some reason my primary keys weren't becoming indexes.

You are supposed to see those indexes. Try "\d tablename" in psql. It
should give you a bunch of information, including something like:

"tablename_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (keyfieldname)

Where tablename is your table's name, and keyfieldname the name of the
column that is your PK.

greetings,
Nicolas

--