Re: Inefficient query plan for SELECT ... EXCEPT ...

From: Dimitrios Apostolou <jimis(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inefficient query plan for SELECT ... EXCEPT ...
Date: 2023-11-01 13:32:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you all for the answers, they covered me well.

>> Is this worth a bug report? I can file one if the issue is not known.
>
> No. It's just a missing optimisation. We know about it.

It's good I shot an email first then. FWIW my usual way in other projects
would be to check the bugtracker, and just "follow" the relevant issue if
it's minor like a missing optimisation. I didn't find a way to search for
"known issues" in the Postgresql project.

Dimitris