Database logging.... Recycle server logs ???

From: "codeWarrior" <GPatnude(at)adelphia(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database logging.... Recycle server logs ???
Date: 2003-01-13 15:44:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

I recently discovered that another programmers CGI's are occasionally
killing my postgreSQL server so I decided to modify the postgres.conf file
to do some extended logging and additionally redirect the server output into
an error log (using the -l pgdblog.log) switch...

postgreSQL was restarted like this:

> pg_ctl start -D /usr/bin/pgsql/data -l pgdblog.log

I noticed that the server generated logfile gets real big real fast -- (15
queries and it's already at 1.5MB) -- Is there a switch / option to recycle
the server logs periodically ???

TIA...

GP