pg_restore not working.

From: "Theodore A(dot) Jencks" <thjencks(at)digitalfacet(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_restore not working.
Date: 2003-01-06 15:06:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

I recently compiled Postgresql 7.3.1 on a Redhat 7.3 machine and everything seems to be working ok except pg_retore. I get the following error message when running pg_restore on a dump archive:

pg_restore: [custom archiver] out of memory

I can't figure this out. Does anyone know what the solution might be? I used total standard settings to complie something like:

CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686" \
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686" \
./configure \
--prefix=/usr \