set in transaction

From: Joseph Shraibman <jks(at)selectacast(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: set in transaction
Date: 2002-12-04 01:01:56
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a query that performs much better using
set enable_seqscan = false; The problem is that variables sets don't get rolled back when
a transaction aborts, so I'm forced to destroy my db connection rather than putting it
back in the pool. Is there any way around this in general other than just setting
enable_seqscan = true; and the end?