Re: Dumb Newbie Question - Mandrake 9.0 / PGSQL 7.2

From: Brian Minton <bminton(at)efn(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Dumb Newbie Question - Mandrake 9.0 / PGSQL 7.2
Date: 2002-11-22 04:41:04
Lists: pgsql-general

> before you go off looking for a fancy GUI (there are a few, pgaccess,
> pgadminII, etc...) try using psql from the command line. It's one of the
> finest command line interfaces I've seen for any database, and it's quite
> easy to learn.

I agree that the command line psql is really easy, and the readline
support is very nice. Don't know what that means? try entering some
commands then hit the up arrow key. As for a gui, I reccomend
phppgadmin, although setting it up is a little more complex, since it
involves setting up a web server and php, but it is pretty nice.
pgaccess is pretty straightforward and easy to use as well.