import csv file into table

From: Jude DaShiell <jdashiel(at)panix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: import csv file into table
Date: 2015-06-12 15:38:25
Lists: pgsql-novice

I think this is possible with postgresql using the copy to command. The
file I have has no blank spaces in it and uses ',' for field separators
and ' for beginning and end of records and has no multi-line records in
it. Earlier I tried to use the csvfix utility and sql_insert subcommand
to generate insert statements for postgresql. The record format had so
many errors in it I deleted the file it produced and deleted the utility
from this system. Has anyone on this list done what I'm about to try?