Re: cannot delete some records [9.3]

From: Frank Miles <fpm(at)u(dot)washington(dot)edu>
To: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: cannot delete some records [9.3]
Date: 2013-12-05 23:35:27
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 5 Dec 2013, Andy Colson wrote:

> On 12/5/2013 4:05 PM, Frank Miles wrote:
>
>> The table schema is {\d
>> credmisc}:
>> And this is all owned by: {\dp credmisc}
> You have a table credmisc, in schema credmisc, owned by credmisc?
> It could be a path problem. Maybe trigger should be:

Sorry for the perhaps overly compact way that I was describing
how I recovered the schema (by executing \d credmisc) and ownership
(\dp credmisc). It's owned by 'fpm'.

> trig_credmisc_updt BEFORE UPDATE ON credmisc.credmisc FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE
> PROCEDURE credmisc.trigonupdtcredmisc()
>
>> trig_credmisc_ins BEFORE INSERT ON credmisc FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE
>> PROCEDURE trigoninscredmisc()
>> trig_credmisc_updt BEFORE UPDATE ON credmisc FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE
>> PROCEDURE trigonupdtcredmisc()
>>

>> Access privileges
>> Schema | Name | Type | Access privileges | Column access
>> privileges
>> public | credmisc | table | fpm=ardxt/fpm +|
>> | | | bioeng=r/fpm |
>>

> Could we see the permissions on the functions too?
>
> -Andy

As a trigger, can it be 'owned'? And since the problem occurs even
when the trigger is dropped, it seems ultimately not involved.

Thanks for trying, though!
-Frank