Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Move cluster to new host, upgraded version
Date: 2018-11-14 15:50:52
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 14 Nov 2018, Tom Lane wrote:

> Perhaps those are associated with some other data directory?

Tom/Adrian,

I think that I FUBARed the upgrade from 10.3 to 11.1. I've removed both
packages and am rebuilding 11.1. I'll install it, run initdb on it, then
re-run pg_dumpall on the 10.5 data directory on the old desktop. Starting
from scratch on this new desktop will save time for all of us.

Thanks,

Rich