Re: Raid 10 chunksize

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: david(at)lang(dot)hm
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Raid 10 chunksize
Date: 2009-04-04 02:26:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, david(at)lang(dot)hm wrote:

> also note that the message from Ted was back in 2004, there has been a _lot_
> of work done on XFS in the last 4 years.

Sure, I know they've made progress, which is why I didn't also bring up
older ugly problems like delayed allocation issues reducing files to zero
length on XFS. I thought that particular issue was pretty fundamental to
the logical journal scheme XFS is based on. What's you'll get out of disk
I/O at smaller than the block level is pretty unpredictable when there's a
failure.