Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Failures with gcd functions with GCC snapshots GCC and -O3 (?)
Date: 2021-06-18 21:31:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> It'd sure be nice if seawasp stopped spamming the buildfarm failure log,
> too.

There was a silent API breakage (same API, different behavior, how nice…)
in llvm main that Andres figured out, which will have to be fixed at some
point, so this is reminder that it is still a todo… Not sure when a fix is
planned, though. I'm afraid portability may require that different code is
executed depending on llvm version. Or maybe we should wrestle a revert on
llvm side? Hmmm…

So I'm not very confident that the noise will go away quickly, sorry.

--
Fabien.