Re: does the JDBC driver offer a similar property to the ODBC Text As LongVarchar?

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: the6campbells <the6campbells(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: does the JDBC driver offer a similar property to the ODBC Text As LongVarchar?
Date: 2012-11-12 18:30:20
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 12 Nov 2012, the6campbells wrote:

> In the Postgres ODBC driver you can confirm Data Type Options:Text as
> LongVarChar = True and set Max properties for Varchar and LongVarChar.
>
> I did not see if the JDBC driver is providing similar options in the recent
> 9.x drivers.

The JDBC driver offers a connection option "unknownLength=XXXX" which can
be set to return a fixed size instead of Integer.MAX_VALUE for fields of
unknown length. This covers text fields, but does not apply exclusively
to them.

http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/head/connect.html#connection-parameters

Kris Jurka