Re: SHOW TABLES

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SHOW TABLES
Date: 2010-07-15 16:07:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010, Thom Brown wrote:

> If it's only a psql problem, why implement it as SQL? Is it just so
> we're not adding keywords specifically to psql? In that case, it
> shouldn't support QUIT.

Personally, I think this is somethign that should go into the backend ...
I'd like to be able to write perl scripts that talk to the backend without
having to remember all the various system tables I need to query / join to
get the same results as \d gives me in psql ... same for any interface
language, really ...

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy(at)hub(dot)org http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ:7615664 MSN:scrappy(at)hub(dot)org