Re: Deprecation

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Greg Stark <gsstark(at)mit(dot)edu>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Deprecation
Date: 2009-10-17 05:01:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

> So, while I do think it's something we should leave alone until it gets
> in the way, this is a sufficiently large value of "in the way" that I'm
> willing to talk about removing add_missing_from. I'm just concerned
> about the impact of that, considering that an app that still depends on
> it came up as recently as yesterday.

As this should / would only affect 8.5+, just means that the app in
question has to be stuck at 8.4 or fix the code. Since, as David points
out, this 'hack' has been in there since 8.1, I think we've given the app
in question more then sufficient time to fix their code already, no? 3
years, or so?

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scrappy(at)hub(dot)org http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ:7615664 MSN:scrappy(at)hub(dot)org