Re: turn off auto-commit

From: Björn Lundin <bjorn(dot)lundin(at)swipnet(dot)se>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: turn off auto-commit
Date: 2002-09-05 17:55:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Waruna Geekiyanage wrote:
>> Does turn fsync off equivalent to turn autocommit off?
>
> No, fsync is related to flushing information to disk. It doesn't relate
> to autocommit.

This auto-commit on/off, is this what I think it is;
a way off NOT needing to enclose several statements in a begin/commit,
but having a new transaction directly after a commit, in psql, like
Oracle's sql*plus?

If so, in what version was this introduced, or is this mentioned somewhere
on the web?

regards
/Björn Lundin