Modifying column size

From: "Susan Lane" <suel(at)dpn(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Modifying column size
Date: 2002-07-19 21:14:10
Lists: pgsql-general

I was wondering if anyone here knew of a way to modify the size of a column
in Postgres. In Oracle, you can use the following syntax:

alter table usrs modify passwd varchar2(32); (For Postgres, I changed
the datatype to varchar)

But, when I try this in psql, it doesn't like the modify keyword. I looked
in the documentation, and I found a doc note that someone else had tried
this as well to no avail. Anybody know what is the correct syntax or if
this can even be done in Postgres?

Thanks!
--
Susan Lane