hints or suggestion for optimizer

From: <adrian(at)wsi(dot)edu(dot)pl>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: hints or suggestion for optimizer
Date: 2002-07-18 10:34:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

How can I optimize Postrges SQL when I would like have ordering kolumns
without clause ORDER BY - in Oracle you can use hints to suggestion
optimizer.

for example.

SELECT /*+ INDEX_ASC TAB(TAB_PK) +/ * FROM TAB <WHERE CLAUSE> - most
efficent

SELECT * FROM TAB ORDER BY TAB_PK <WHERE CLAUSE>

where TAB_PK - is unique index on KOD column

WHERE CLAUSE - without OR ,UNION, accept LIKE, AND etc

Does similar mechanizm has Postgres ?