Re: Tweak sql result set... ?

From: Axe <info(at)axier(dot)se>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Tweak sql result set... ?
Date: 2009-07-30 13:31:24
Lists: pgsql-sql

> i think jasen is thinking of manipulating the result set in your programming
> enviroment not in the database.
> btw from the point of "clean programming" it's a bad idea to integrate
> html-elements directly into your database quereis. you're mixing data layer
> and design layer.
>
> what do you mean with sometimes?
> 2009/7/29 Axe <i(dot)(dot)(dot)(at)axier(dot)se>

I am aware of this "clean programming" and this is a part of why
I am trying to keep my blackbox of script intact since I want to keep
a good standard in those scripts. Why I need it "sometimes" is beacuse
I want to use the set of production scripts for test purposes.
"Intact" and
when I am doing some tests, I would benefit from manipulating the
result
set I am getting out from postgres for testing purposes by just
prepend
my test-workbench on top of the production script.

/ Axe