Re: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds

From: Andrus <kobruleht2(at)hot(dot)ee>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Log files polluted with permission denied error messages after every 10 seconds
Date: 2021-03-08 22:23:37
Lists: pgsql-general

> Yeah, I've wondered for some time if the apparent EACCES code is
> actually being mapped from something other than ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION
> in (some of?) these reports. The hard part is to hold onto the
> Windows error code alongside errno without massively invasive changes.

Permission denied error occur in  Windows. Debian logs doesnt contain it.

In Windows also pg_database_size('mydb')  and similar ones fail
frequently with permission denied error.

I got information about r1soft idera backup client used. It runs only
once per night for 16 minutes and compares disk blocks to find changed
blocks to backup. So it should not cause permission denied errors after
every 10 seconds.

Andrus.