invalid memory alloc request size Error

From: "Roland Che" <xhuels(at)eterra(dot)com(dot)ng>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: invalid memory alloc request size Error
Date: 2023-06-13 17:50:01
Lists: pgsql-novice

View attached file

City of Richmond Security Warning: This email was sent from an external source outside the City. Please do not click or open attachments unless you recognize the source of this email and the content is safe. Hello All, I am having below error when our ANALYZE script runs. Our maintenance work_mem is set to 128M but when this analyze script is ran, the maintenance work_mem is set to session level at 2G but we are still getting the error on some table columns. ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 8589934668. I saw a past dba had to disabled statistics by setting the statistics value to 0 meaning stats will not be updated on such table columns. He used these two commands to solve the error which kind of shows if queries use those columns, like it will be slow as stats will not be updated . ALTER COLUMN position SET STATISTICS 0; ALTER COLUMN position SET STORAGE EXTENDED; Please can anyone advise on how to go about this error? cpu 8 Ram 32 on that server. Regards Roland

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 1.0 KB
S.pdf application/octet-stream 127.5 KB