Database restriction

From: Tom Haber <lamagra(at)lumumba(dot)luc(dot)ac(dot)be>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Database restriction
Date: 2002-06-14 11:47:43
Lists: pgsql-admin

Is there a way to to grant user X access to database Y but restrict
access to all other users? All this using encrypted password
authentication.

All I found was how to grant access based on ident and on databases
'sameuser'. Neither works for me, Most of my users come from localhost
or through the socket.

Regards,
Tom Haber